Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Casting a Vote

Yesterday, 43 million of my countrymen trek to their local precinct to once more live their right of suffrage and vote their respective candidates from the President to the municipal councilors.

and yes, I myself share the hassles and difficulties in trying to cast your vote to the official ballots. We started early, yet encounter some problems when we were told that we are in the wrong precinct and the proper precinct still doesnt have the list of voters in their hands. We line up there for 2 hours just to cast our votes to the people that will end up rubbing us blind the moment they taken their respective seats.

Well, I guess it will still be long before my countrymen will wake up in their illusion that those that gave them 300 hundred bucks every election will be the key to their salvation from poverty. Those that promise them food in their table will actually deliver the same old promise. those that claim that have studied abroad will be the ones to give them a decent work...

Im betting that i'll be rotting six feet under before such awakening to my beloved country. But unlike the most of my countrymen, I still have faith, that my prediction are wrong, and one day, I will see the real "Dawn" of my Mother LAND

VOTEs that I Cast


President: Panfilo "Ping" Lacson (I really believe that his stance of discipline can really help this country in this time of disarray and lost of confidence to the leadership
Vice-President: Loren Legarda (Well, she did a lot of help to the public and to the nature, i do believe she will do better as a Vice President compare to ol' Kabayan)
Senators:


Dick Godon - What can i say, the man have lots of achievements, and everybody wanted him to make the same miracle he did to Subic

Ponce Enrile - Well he did help in bringging to the publics attention the PPA anomaly (damn those Lopezes for robbing us!)

Robert Jaworski
- most of his achievements and contributions have help the Philippine Sports and providing the most necessary element to the human being "water" to the barangay level.

Jamby Madrigal - well what can I say, she been hoping for a seat for the past 2 senatorial election, let her have it :D

Ernesto Maceda - according to ol' Tulfo, this guy really place shiver to the other corrupt officials :D

Carlos Padilla
- what can I say, Im a Ping Fanatic

Frank Chavez
- plain and simple, He deserve to be in the Senate

Alfredo Lim & Rodolfo Biazon - cause we need men that was trained in the iron will of discipline to be among those that will forge laws for this society

Dilangalen, Didagen & Meriam Defensor Santiago - To make the freaking senate more livelier

Herrera - I do believe this guy have done more even thou he suffer the lost of his ability to walk on his feet.

No comments: