Saturday, November 29, 2003

Chivalry and World War 2

Chivalry is Dead!!!


As I was riding the LRT on way to work this morning, an elderly woman with her Grandchild (no I don't know this woman but I presume the kid that is accompanying her is her Grandchild) I noticed that no one offer her a seat... (of course I could not offer mine cuz like her, im also standing up...:D ) Now, I know there is a special cart or part of it where senior citizens, pregnant woman or disable person could go when ever they would take the LRT or even the MRT (LRT- the Light Rail Tracks Train that travel from Monumento area to Baclaran area and cover at least 13 stations...The Fair is 12.00 pesos per ride if your going more that 3 stations from the point of boarding/ MRT is also the same except that its route is located in the stretch of EDSA ) So, im not sure why did this Granny pick on going head to head with those people riding the ordinary carts for the passengers... Ignorance or lack of time, that not the point...The point is, in the train Cart where im riding, there are lots and lots of well bodied MALES sitting comfortable in there while this Grandma is standing up and barely able to make a firm grip in those safety handles... Now this is not the only time that I witness such disrespect, but im just wondering... What happen to all those teachings from the school/ media and even the church... Are they all gone to deaf ear?

it is sad that we claim we are in a more modern worlds... But how come acts of barbarism and non-ethical have been rampant nowadays...From riding a bus, or walking in the streets... You will see people seems to careless of anyone except themselves... I had to admit.. When im walking in the streets of Quiapo, I rarely look at those people walking along with me, unless they are really attracting attention ...He he he But I never remember a day that I see myself seated comfortable in a bus or any PUV's while there is a woman standing up, or times where I board 1st before those women that are also trying to board with the same Vehicle... Now im not being self-righteous here... The reason that im doing this is that every time I do it, I always pray that the same are also being done to my Mother, my Sister and Girlfriend, when ever they would also be place in such situation...

----

A thought strike my mind before I went to sleep last night, What if World War Two happen today!... I mean lets pretend that WW2 never happen 60 years ago, and only erupted now, will the Filipinos do the same thing that the Filipinos did before, meaning, would they take up arms, go to the nearest Military installations and be enlisted? Would we ever be courageous enough to face the bombs, bullets and war machine of other countries knowing we have no hope of winning for the name of Patriotism?

I don't think so...

19 out of 20 people are willing to leave this country to find a better future in foreign lands, 8 out 10 students wish that they would never wear an ROTC uniform every Sunday (or Saturday in other College). And 5 out 10 Teenager doesn't even know or understand fully why did the Defenders of Bataan hold on until they have no ammo left and most of their men are sick and wounded...

If an ambitious Country would ever consider conquering the Philippines, it would only take them a few weeks before each and every freaking one of my breathen would be waving a foreign flags and denying their birthright.

We Filipinos, sad to say failed those people that fought the last World Conflict, do we really dare to repeat the same fate that they endure?

...We don't even have a prayer...

No comments: